- A god exists who created and ordered the world and watches over human life on earth.
- God wants people to be good, nice, and fair to each other, as taught in the bible and by most world religions.
- The central goal of life is to be happy and to feel good about oneself.
- God does not need to be particularly involved in one's life except when God is needed to resolve a problem.
- Good people go to heaven when they die.
throughout our culture, and not just among teenagers.
The results of this research project were compiled into a book titled Soul Searching: The Religious and Spiritual Lives of American Teenagers.