- What would it look like for Jesus to be at the center of our lives? Our homes? Our church?
- What does it mean for Jesus to build and lead His church?
- What is our system for making disciples?
- Have we been faithful in presenting the true calling of following Jesus: Come and die?
- Do we have goals for the different things that we do as a church?
- If so, are they the best goals?
- Are our goals God-sized goals?
- Do our goals fit our mission?
- Do our methods match our goals?
We also talked about our Sunday night worship gathering. We have an awesome facility in the Skinner Center. Mark Batterson talks about the day they realized that they would never be able to build a Union Station (where they're church meets), and therefore they would always rent. I feel the same way about the Skinner Center. It is such an amazing setup for us, and one that we could never recreate. We have a great park outside. We have a gym and a pool. We have a kitchen. And we have more rooms than we need.
So the question is, "How do we make the most of the time and space that we have on Sunday nights?" This is a question that Jason and I are asking, and will take to the group in the next week.