Last night I arrived around 5:00, armed with my Bible, notebook, laptop, some books, some leftover Chinese food, and some coffee. My goal was to come away with a week by week outline of the series. Last night I read through Luke again, and jotted down more notes. This morning I began the process of compiling those notes. I am thankful that as I prepare to leave this morning, I have an outline of 21 sermons.
The theme for this study is "Christianity: Religion or Revolution?" Jake Fasano has once again designed a visual for us to use.
The series begins next Sunday and will run a few weeks past Easter. I'll continue to post on the study as we go along, but here are some of the resources I'm using.
- The Prodigal God, Tim Keller
- Luke for Everyone, NT Wright
- Jesus in the Margins, Rick McKinley
- This Beautiful Mess, Rick McKinley
- The Myth of a Christian Religion, Greg Boyd
- Money, Possessions & Eternity, Randy Alcorn
- The Politics of Jesus, John Yoder
- ReJesus, Michael Frost & Allen Hirsch
- The Barbarian Way, Erwin McManus